As British PM, Theresa May heads to Washington DC, she will be the first world leader to meet the newly inaugurated US President Trump. Read more
Analysis and thoughts on the big issues hitting British politics by Jonathan Scott, Political Director
A Genuine Anglophile & Brexiteer: The Trump era brings great expectations for the Special Relationship.
So, a fresh start for the UK Independence Party? They leave behind months of internal fighting and leadership battles in striking parallel to their remarkable role in helping to bring about Brexit. Read more
It's been a while since I've written a blog as things have been exceptionally busy. I spent my summer preparing for two huge life events. Read more
David Cameron has always been luckier than most politicians. He became Leader of the Conservative Party when Tony Blair was on the wane. “You were the future once” he smugly reminded Blair at one of their early PMQs exchanges. Read more
The day after the night before, or the Monday after Friday’s sensational resignation of Iain Duncan Smith and the internal chaos that raged in the Conservative Party over the weekend. Read more
Those who wish to remain in the European Union say that it would damage our national security. With very little credible evidence given for such a position, I’m not so sure. Read more
The much heralded Conservative government’s re-negotiation of our EU membership becomes more farcical as each day passes. Read more
It’s often argued that millions of jobs will be lost and trade will decrease between the UK and the EU if we were to leave. And the evidence for this? Mostly, because Nick Clegg says so. Remember him? Read more
The great EU referendum debate is underway even if the so-called re-negotiation has not been completed or the starting gun for the campaign fired. Brexit is the new political word we will all be getting used to over the next few months. Read more
- A Genuine Anglophile & Brexiteer: The Trump era brings great expectations for the Special Relationship.
- Stoke Central By-Election will determine the future of UKIP
- "A Very British Insurgency" My review of The Bad Boys of Brexit
- Is “Dodgy Dave” running out of luck?
- Labour are missing an open goal on the budget
- Brexit Myth Three – Our national security is at risk
- We don’t need an emergency brake Prime Minister, we need control of the steering wheel.
- Brexit Myth Two: Millions of jobs and trade will be lost
- Tackling Myth One: Brexit means a future UK break-up
- Our British Political Year Ahead