: IT’S ALL ABOUT VOTING
UK General Election 2015
General Election 2015: Manifesto Launch
Plaid Cymru sets out its policies for Wales and economic recovery for all
Plaid Cymru leader Leanne Wood, has encouraged people to vote for her party to get the best deal for Wales should there be a hung Parliament and that the four Westminster parties have nothing to offer but “swingeing cuts.”
Launching the manifesto in Bangor today, Leanne Wood said “only Plaid Cymru has policies made in Wales, by people in Wales, for people in Wales.
Believing that only Plaid Cymru has Wales’ interests at heart Ms Wood claimed that Labour’s commitment to further austerity meant they did not deserve a majority in Parliament. In the result of a hung Parliament Plaid Cymru has said for some time that it will negotiate jointly with the SNP and the Greens.
Plaid Cymru’s manifesto focuses on securing parity of powers and resources for Wales with Scotland; ending austerity and permanently rebalancing the UK economy with targeted investment to ensure “economic recovery for all.”
- Living wage for all employees by 2020
- Extra 1,000 doctors for Welsh NHS
- Scrap Bedroom Tax
- Restore the 50p income tax rate for earnings above £150,000, increase
- National Insurance contributions for higher earners and put a tax on sugary drinks
- Create up to 50,000 jobs by awarding more public contracts to Welsh firms
- Transfer control of criminal justice system – including policing – to Wales
- Oppose renewal of the Trident nuclear weapons system
- Wales to get same powers as Scotland and Also similar funding – additional £1.2bn each year.